Friday, August 17, 2007

Foundations

  1. Turns out that the "Project Families" is not a bad idea, because now I can have both revit files open at once without Revit freaking out and trying to unload my Arch link. This project has many wall families and that makes it easier to identify which wall is who.
  2. I am having trouble getting the monitored walls to wrap correctly at some corners and free-standing sections- I'll have to solve that later.
  3. I create a new concrete 6" wall by copying from the 8" concrete wall. I then create stem walls from the upper arch walls, placing by interior core. I have a "T/F Exterior" Level already in my structural template. Stem walls are place from there up to Level 1. For some reason revit is matching to the interior face of gyp board, even though that is not defined as the core in the wall family. I move the stem walls manually 5/8" for now. ***EDIT*** I'll wait on this until the arch decides what offsets will be required for this particular wall system.
  4. I place foundations under the walls at T/F Exterior.
  5. I place spot footings under the columns. There is also a T/F Interior level already in my template. I make sure the spot footings are on the correct levels depending on their locations.
  6. I place a foundation slab at Level 1 by using the interior face of the stem walls.
  7. I play with the Foundation Plan view settings. For "Structural Foundations",
    change the "Projection/Surface" "Lines" to "Dashed" so that footings are always dashed whether hidden or not.
  8. I change the new 6" Concrete Wall (stem walls) to have a "Wall Function" of "Foundation". I'm not sure what purpose this serves yet. It was there and it seemed like the right thing to do.
  9. Right now the walls are showing up everywhere showing all the levels (gyp, stucco, etc), which is incorrect for our structural plans. I can change the view detail to "course", but that then only shows the wall surfaces, not the core. How to change this?

No comments: